What will it take to attract, engage, develop and retain your young professionals?
This is a question I help corporate leaders answer. Having spent a decade in corporate leadership development and founded multiple young professionals groups along the way, I’ve seen the trends firsthand. Young professionals are asking many of the same questions:
- How can I find my career purpose?
- What kind of contribution do I want to make?
- How can I make the right career decisions when the available options are greater than ever?
- How will I continue to learn and grow?
- Where will I find leaders and a boss I look up to?
- Will I ever get promoted?
- Will this organization help me reach my goals – and dreams?
To the extent your organization can answer these questions, you’ll keep them around. Fail, and your young professionals are likely to jump ship – and soon.
It may not seem like it, but the next generation of corporate executives, thought leaders and game-changers are working in your organization. Whose team they end up with remains to be seen.
Here are a few of the young professional articles I’ve written:
- 6 Ways for Young Professionals to Stand Out
- 7 People Every Young Professional Needs to Get Ahead
- What Young Professionals Need to Know About Leadership
- Your Career is Your Responsibility
Additionally, I speak to both young professional and corporate leadership audiences. Here are my core presentations:
- Win the Hearts of Your Young Professionals (Executive audience, available in-person or via webcast)
- Be a Young Professional Who Stands Out! (Young Professional audience)
If you’d like to know more about how you can attract, engage, develop and retain your young professionals, or to inquire about having me speak to your young professionals or leadership team, please contact me here.