What will it take to attract, engage, develop and retain your young professionals?
This is a question I help corporate leaders answer. Having spent a decade in corporate leadership development and founded multiple young professionals groups along the way, I’ve seen the trends firsthand. Young professionals are asking many of the same questions:
- How can I find my career purpose?
- What kind of contribution do I want to make?
- How will I continue to learn and grow?
- Where will I find leaders and a boss I look up to?
- Will I ever get promoted?
- Will this organization help me reach my goals – and dreams?
To the extent that your organization can answer these questions, you’ll keep them around. Fail, and your young professionals are likely to jump ship – and soon.
It may not seem like it, but the next generation of corporate executives, thought leaders and game-changers are working in your organization. Whose team they end up with remains to be seen.
If you’d like to know more about how you can attract, engage, develop and retain your young professionals, contact me here.