What does it take to attract, engage, develop and retain your young professionals?
This is a question I help corporate leaders answer. Having spent a decade in corporate leadership development and founded multiple young professionals groups along the way, I’ve seen the trends firsthand. So I wrote the book Stand Out! Become a Young Professional Who Wins at Work and Life to help both young professionals and their leaders understand how to connect and lead this crucial part of your workforce.
Young professionals are asking many of the same questions:
- How can I find my career purpose?
- What kind of contribution do I want to make?
- How can I make the right career decisions when the available options are greater than ever?
- How will I continue to learn and grow?
- Where will I find leaders and a boss I look up to?
- Will I ever get promoted?
- Will this organization help me reach my goals – and dreams?
To the extent your organization can answer these questions, you’ll keep them around. Fail, and your young professionals are likely to jump ship – and soon.
The next generation of corporate executives, thought leaders and game-changers are working in your organization. Whose team they end up with remains to be seen.
If you’d like to know more about how you can attract, engage, develop and retain your young professionals, or to inquire about having me work with your young professionals or leadership team, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I speak to both young professional and corporate leadership audiences. The presentations center around personal ownership, winning attitude, self-awareness, career savvy, sense of purpose and self-engagement with the organization.
Here are my core presentations (available in-person or via webinar):
- 5 Ways All Young Professionals Can Stand Out! (Signature presentation)
- Build Your Young Professional Career on a Solid Purpose
- Become the Young Professional Every Organization Wants
- Leadership Success for Young Professionals
- Win the Hearts of Your Young Professionals (For executive audiences)
Stand Out! Introduction – Contact Me
For clients looking to introduce Stand Out! to their organization (either as a stand alone engagement, book club launch or to test the interest of their young professional) I recommend my signature webinar “5 Ways All Young Professionals Can Stand Out,” which includes a bulk order of Stand Out! books.
Corporate Initiatives – The Stand Out Experience
My Stand Out Experience training curriculum combines the lessons from the Stand Out! book and my speaking topics with your organization’s top young professional priorities in an interactive, hands-on and refreshing manner.
A typical “cohort style” corporate engagement might look like this:
Coaching & Consulting
I am available for a limited number of coaching and consulting interactions with emerging or high-potential young professionals or with executive team members working on young professional or leadership initiatives.
Book: Stand Out!
White Paper: 5 Ways to Win the Hearts of Your Young Professionals
Resource: 20 Ways to Be More (Young) Professional
Here are a few of the young professional articles I’ve written:
- 6 Ways for Young Professionals to Stand Out
- 5 Questions You MUST Ask Your Young Professionals if You Want to Engage Them
- What Young Professionals Need to Know About Leadership
- 7 People Every Young Professional Needs to Get Ahead
- Your Career is Your Responsibility
- Be a Millennial Who Shines at Work
Once again, if you’d like to know more about how you can attract, engage, develop and retain your young professionals, or to inquire about having me work with your young professionals or leadership team, please contact me at email@example.com.