Hi, I’m Nathan Magnuson, a leadership consultant, coach, speaker and thought leader. This is my leadership site. I write on personal and organizational effectiveness topics that apply to leadership situations you are likely to encounter on an everyday basis.
My mission is to help you succeed in your mission – and to make leadership seem easier, less complicated and more fun.
I work and coach on a lot of the topics I write about: leadership, organization and talent development, teamwork and communication. If you’d like to contact me with a question or idea about how to enhance your team’s leadership development, I’d love to hear from you.
If you haven’t already done so, I encourage you to subscribe via email or RSS. That way my posts will be automatically delivered to your inbox – and I’ll sweeten the deal by sending you a free copy of my ebook Trusted Leadership Advisor. I’ll also be sending notices out from my Twitter feed. I post new content a few times each month.
It means a lot to engage with readers via the comments section below each article post, so let me know what you think, especially if you found something of value. But even if you disagree or want to challenge my thoughts, don’t hold back! (It’s how I learn). And please feel free to contact me and let me know what topics would be most helpful for you to read about.
Here are some of my favorite posts:
- How to Tell Who The Real Leader Is
- The Fear of the Finger
- Leadership Myth: You Need a Title to Be a Leader
- Wanted: Optimists!
- It Doesn’t Matter How Much You Care
- What a Rock Star Taught Me About Perseverance
- Who Cares About Your Strengths?
- What Young People Need to Hear About Leadership
- The Cost of Unclear Expectations
- Three Keys to Sustaining Culture Change
- The Courage to Lead
- Reconciling Humility and Leadership
- 12 Books that Shaped My Leadership
There’s so much work to do, let’s work together!